10.29.2011

My Goal

I am not creating this blog for anyone in particular; I am writing this for myself.  My goal is not to convince anyone of anything; my goal is not to prove anything; my goal is not to speak on behalf of the Orthodox Church; my goal is not to educate people about the Orthodox Church; my goal is not to provide my interpretation of scripture; my goal is not to state my unwavering beliefs and my personal doctrine.  My only goal is to chronicle our journey into Orthodoxy as best I can, so that I look back and see where we have come from.

I plan on posting about things I've learned in the Orthodox Church that have challenged me, changed me, and comforted me.  Some of these things will probably not sit well with Protestants and others.  If you want to have an honest, open discussion, I am all for it, but if you want to bicker and call names and act like a child, I have no interest in conversing with you.  I don't claim to have any answers, just thoughts.

Naturally, I would love for others to benefit from this, but if no one reads it, or no one likes it, or no one agrees with it, I will be just fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment